Lose weight after giving birth: The post-pregnancy diet
You gave birth to a wonderful baby and now you want to regain your health weight … To regain faster the line amounts without too drastic a diet, take charge of the situation immediately.
You brought a baby for nine months and it is very normal that your excess weight does not leave overnight. So do not let it become permanent.
We are not all equal before the kilos, including in front of those accumulated during pregnancy. When you consider that an 11-13 kg weight gain is normal, certain very thin women sometimes take up to 18 kg, which can still lose just as quickly after the birth of their child. Other women take less weight but are struggling to find the line.
You May Also Like: 10 Proven Tips to Lose Weight Faster & Safely After Pregnancy
If you feed your needs are more or less identical to those of the end of your pregnancy. You have to be careful to make essential enough unsaturated fatty acids on the neurological development of the child and to make 1 to 1.2 g of calcium per day. Are quiet, your appetite is larger than that of other mothers but breastfeeding, however, favors the long-term use ” the fat reserves accumulated during pregnancy.
Do not forget that if you lose weight too quickly, will not good for your health. In addition, a balanced diet does not deplete you physically, when in fact, you need to get your strength back, especially if pregnancy and childbirth have been difficult.
Of course, take care of the baby every day requires a lot of energy. But this does not mean let go the extra pounds that you have taken, especially if you were already overweight before pregnancy!
Objective: Two pounds per month
Take charge of the situation since the birth of your little angel, patience and following our advice:
- Needless to focus on calories (but avoid fatty foods and/or sweet). Rather observe the nutritional value of the foods you consume. It is opting for a healthy balanced diet that guaranteed weight loss;
- Do not skip meals. Prepared a hearty breakfast (slice of bread with a little ‘of jam, dairy, fresh fruit and hot drink): it is this that allows you to hold out until lunch!
- Increase consumption of fruits and vegetables for the vitamins and minerals;
- Moderate your intake of fat (no more than a tablespoon of oil per meal), without deleting them from your diet. Tip on foods steamed or grilled with a little ‘oil or butter for frying;
- Consumes 3 or 4 dairy products per day (milk and white cheese skimmed or semi-skimmed, plain yogurt, cheese not too fat) to make up for calcium deficiencies related to pregnancy;
- Eat starchy foods to at least one of the two meals. Opt for whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat bread …), high in fiber, not to mention legumes (lentils, chickpeas, soy …). Not eliminate starchy foods from your diet, because they are the main source of energy for your body;
- Eat protein at every meal. We know that 30-40% of women have iron deficiency after childbirth: meat and fish are rich. Moreover, fatty fish, as well as walnuts and hazelnuts, contain Omega 3 essential fatty acids of which there is a great need after pregnancy;
- Do you drink a lot, especially if you breastfeed: water, hot or cold tea, soup, fruit, herbal teas …
You May Also Like: Tips to Help Improve Children’s Focus
Beware of loss of control!
The syndrome baby blues is sometimes accompanied a desire to nibble anything, anytime. To prevent this loss of food control, expect a balanced snack in the morning and/or afternoon: for example, a yogurt and two or three biscuits or even two pieces of dark chocolate and a fruit.
If, despite these nutritional advice, they will remain more pounds to lose six months after the arrival of the baby, consult a nutritionist, who will prepare you a small tailored diet. And do not forget that once the perineal re-education, you can resume your physical activities to tone the muscles.